1. Thorough analysis, choice of the test strategy and test plan creation based on the requirements specification. Send the documentation for approval.
2. Transfer stuff – software and hardware to be tested, source code/scripts and staging server deployment (if necessary).
3. Project infrastructure preparation
• Set up and share a bug tracking system. This is the most required step. You will get access to the bug tracker and be able to keep track of all activities (bug reports, comments, hours worked, deadlines, etc.). You will also be able to create/update issues in the bug tracker. All activities gets you notified by email so you will not miss any.
• Optionally we can set up a collaborative work tool such as Basecamp. It’s very convenient for discussion of requirements as it has tools for attaching documents, notes, images, etc.
4. Test infrastructure preparation
• Deployment of automated testing if required.
• Purchasing of all relevant requisite for the project like hardware, software and mobile devices.
• Setting up environment for performance testing.